Eric Pateman Presentations
Eric is a frequent speaker on a variety of topics related to aviation, commercial guest experience, food & beverage, hospitality and tourism, and provides workshops for groups of all sizes. To book Eric for your event, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Across The Top of Canada - A Culinary Journey
Gastrodiplomacy & Storytelling in F&B
Bridging Cultures & Building Communities Through Food
Throughout history, food has brought people together: from friends and family to neighbours, colleagues and strangers. The table has always been a place for sharing, bonding, learning and business.
Drawing on his decades of work in the culinary tourism space, Eric shares strategies and best practices for organizations, airports and regions seeking to promote their offerings and share their stories through food.
Topics covered include:
- The potential of gastrodiplomacy and its applications
- The importance of cross-cultural representation
- Humans vs technology: finding a balance
- Providing a transformational experience for visitors and guests
Your Unique Selling Proposition
The global marketplace for experiential travel is getting more and more crowded, and if you can’t identify your USP, you’ll have a hard time convincing prospective customers to buy from you instead of your competitors. Many business owners are so busy in their day-to-day that they find it nearly impossible to take a step back and see the marketplace from a consumer’s perspective. However, if you don’t take this critical step, your business doesn’t stand a chance in the long term. Eric will guide you through the steps to uncover what sets your business apart, with examples from his diverse projects around the world.
“Culinary tourism” is a global buzzword, with 88% of all destinations looking at using food as a pillar in their marketing strategies. But when every tour starts to sound the same (local, farm-to-table, seasonal… more buzzwords!) how do you ensure your offering stands out from the crowd?
Eric shares his expertise on how to use culinary offerings to increase your ROI, differentiate your product offerings, showcase destinations in a new light and offer a package that engages travellers and provides the WOW factor!
Food + Beverage
With an MBA in finance as well as over 25 years in the industry, Eric will help you take a critical look at your F&B program and strategize how you can improve your offerings and the bottom line at your property. Topics covered will include:
- Why farm-to-table and local dining does not make you unique — but does need to be part of your program
- Developing menus that cater to today’s multitude of dietary restrictions and preferences
- Thinking outside the box: Experiential and transformational dining, culinary adventures, and identifying unique
- Property Development: Creative ways to utilize underused space and increase revenues
- All-day dining — it is not about set meal times anymore!
- FIT vs. Group Business: What do they really want?